none
MCTS self paced AD edtion 1 RRS feed

• Question

• MCTS self paced AD edtion 1 i have just founf out there is a new edtion that came out June 2011 , i brought my book last year and have been studying since june with this book no reliasing there is a new book , in exam it felt like i didn;t know the topics that were aksed by questions , do i need to use the new book to help pass the exam
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:47 PM

Answers

• The second release of the books will cover the extra items that have been added in Server 2008 R2, and knowing the tests, they do tend to focus a fair amount on the newer features.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:13 AM
  • First, you will find that 30% of the MCITP exams for 70-642-, 70640, and 70-643 are all on the R2 revisions, so if you failed, it wasn't based on not knowing the topics but because it wasn't availabe when you took the exam.

I found out the hard way, and wasted alot of money! You should make a complaint to Microsoft, hopefully, they will respond and make amends since the topics being tested on were not available to the public until June 2011.

Good luck on the exams.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:17 PM

All replies

• The second release of the books will cover the extra items that have been added in Server 2008 R2, and knowing the tests, they do tend to focus a fair amount on the newer features.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:13 AM
  • First, you will find that 30% of the MCITP exams for 70-642-, 70640, and 70-643 are all on the R2 revisions, so if you failed, it wasn't based on not knowing the topics but because it wasn't availabe when you took the exam.

I found out the hard way, and wasted alot of money! You should make a complaint to Microsoft, hopefully, they will respond and make amends since the topics being tested on were not available to the public until June 2011.

Good luck on the exams.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:17 PM