two minutes limit in mscrm 2015 online pluign RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

as you know if we are working with huge number of reocrds we encounter the two minutes limit in mscrm online what are the options to solve this issue can we use windows azure for execution of these kind of plugins??

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:00 AM

All replies

• Are these records inside of CRM itself that you are processing (and by process what do you mean)?

Unfortunately you are limited to what you are limited too, especially since it is CRM online, you cannot make changes to the config files to even attempt to make a difference.

Honestly I know it stinks but depending on what you are doing, you can do things like

1) create a batching processing plugin that batches up your changes (and this might mean merely calculating the records that WILL need to get processed) and then placing them in a list and storing that in CRM

2) create a secondary plugin that processes only in batches. So you create a set of batch records in custom table a, then create a SINGLE record in table b, that points to the "batch" of records. Put your secondary plugin with on the create of records in table b. Now you can run many of those instances and process your data.

Or

Create external services (Web Jobs, etc) that you communicate via Service Bus Queues (or even Web Apis) and do the work there, then send a message to CRM via bus or directly in your app.

I did both of these and they work very well. I realize it's not as easy as changes the timeout, but it is what it is (for now).

• Edited by Anokneemous Friday, September 4, 2015 2:05 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 2:03 AM
  • Hi

Thanks alot for your reply.could you please help how can i work on second option create external services ??

Friday, September 4, 2015 7:37 AM
  • My suggestion, if you are in Azure, would be to leverage a WebJob. They are easy to build (like console apps), easy to auto-scale and can process data quickly.

You can also set them to run continuously.

I would suggest looking up WebJobs.

I am assuming you know how to write code to access CRM remotely? If not I would get (which you will need anyway) the CRM SDK.

Saturday, September 5, 2015 2:11 AM