Backup progress report RRS feed

• Question

• The old HP 475 server had a popup when a backup was starting and you could view the progress on your client machine if you wished. The popup also gave an option to delay or abort it. Is there any setting with WHS2011 that will allow this?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:45 PM

Answers

• No, not without opening the Dashboard or using a 3rd party tool.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:42 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:54 PM

All replies

• No, not without opening the Dashboard or using a 3rd party tool.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:42 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Dang! :(  I kinda miss that. It's nice to know when you work til the wee hours that your system is about to begin running like molasses in January because of a backup starting. Any idea if there is a 3rd party tool out there? I haven't really come across any add-ons that were worth adding on. :/

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Home Server Status sounds like something that you should definitely take a look at. I use it in place of Microsoft's bloated Launchpad.
    • Edited by Geoffc1 Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:42 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:41 PM
  • Hmm... looks like real overkill and...  just trial software?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:50 PM
  • You can use as much or as little of it as you like. I find it useful, and, at a minimum, replicates the notifications that the WHSv1 connector had, and that Microsoft threw away with the WHS 2011 Launchpad. I found the value worth paying for. YMMV.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:01 PM
  • Ah, didn't see the price listed. It's cheap enuff. But interestingly the files have no date or clue as to what's which. I can only assume one only needs the v3 setup file to be installed on the server. I find it odd that it's on the bottom of the list.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:24 PM