R2 and Out of Office RRS feed

• Question

• My question is about the option for "Display my Outlook Out of Office information to contacts in my Personal, Team and Company access levels".

In Communicator 2007 this box was checked by default and we wanted it checked so all was good. In our deployment testing of R2 we push the client and that box is unchecked by default. Does seem like an issue just force it through GPO but the ADM does not include an option for setting this option. Does anyone know where in the registry this setting is kept?

Thank you.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:54 PM

All replies

• That behavior is controllable via the "DisablePresenceNote" policy setting in the 2007 and 2007 R2 Communicator.adm GPO templates.

DisablePresenceNote Prevents users from selecting or clearing the Automatically retrieve Out of Office settings from Outlook check box on the Personal tab of the Options dialog box.  REG_DWORD 0 (or not set) = User is allowed to set the presence and Out of Office message. Out of Office message is published, per the Automatically retrieve Out of Office settings from Outlook option set in the Personal tab (default).
    1 = Feature is disabled and note-related UI is disabled; OOF note is not published.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:35 PM