Windows update problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi is anyone else having problems with the recent windows 7 updates? Every time it downloads, I cannot access the internet, skype or Mcaffee. I have to do a system restore and then I can only access a basic html version of googlemail. I would really appreciate any solutions that you can suggest. Currently I disabled automatic updates and have done a system restore but guess this cannot go on for ever!

Thanks

Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:58 PM

Answers

• "kezza1966" wrote in message news:37ab03ed-5650-45b8-a655-d8f972ddbad5...

Hi is anyone else having problems with the recent windows 7 updates? Every time it downloads, I cannot access the internet, skype or Mcaffee. I have to do a system restore and then I can only access a basic html version of googlemail. I would really appreciate any solutions that you can suggest. Currently I disabled automatic updates and have done a system restore but guess this cannot go on for ever!

Thanks

This post appears to have nothing to do with either Validation, or Activation problems - I suggest that you repost in a more appropriate forum....

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 9:32 PM
  • "Raznikk" wrote in message news:59b2e34a-01e3-4b0b-a647-182c9c3212bd...
    YES and it's driving me NUTS! I didn't have any problems until my computer attempted the automatic update two nights ago. I woke up the next morning and I was stuck with the never ending cycle of trying to re-start and shutting down leaving me with the only option of starting in safe mode and restoring to a time prior to the attempted update. Now I can't shut down my computer because it keeps trying to install the update again fprcing me to complete the system restore each time. If anyone has any solutions it would be GREATLY appreciated! I have been looking online for help with this issue and have come up with nothing so far.

This is purely a Windows Update problem - please repost in the Windows Update forum

--

Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:57 AM

All replies

• "kezza1966" wrote in message news:37ab03ed-5650-45b8-a655-d8f972ddbad5...

Hi is anyone else having problems with the recent windows 7 updates? Every time it downloads, I cannot access the internet, skype or Mcaffee. I have to do a system restore and then I can only access a basic html version of googlemail. I would really appreciate any solutions that you can suggest. Currently I disabled automatic updates and have done a system restore but guess this cannot go on for ever!

Thanks

This post appears to have nothing to do with either Validation, or Activation problems - I suggest that you repost in a more appropriate forum....

--

Saturday, August 14, 2010 9:32 PM
  • YES and it's driving me NUTS! I didn't have any problems until my computer attempted the automatic update two nights ago. I woke up the next morning and I was stuck with the never ending cycle of trying to re-start and shutting down leaving me with the only option of starting in safe mode and restoring to a time prior to the attempted update. Now I can't shut down my computer because it keeps trying to install the update again fprcing me to complete the system restore each time. If anyone has any solutions it would be GREATLY appreciated! I have been looking online for help with this issue and have come up with nothing so far.
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 1:50 AM
  • "Raznikk" wrote in message news:59b2e34a-01e3-4b0b-a647-182c9c3212bd...
    YES and it's driving me NUTS! I didn't have any problems until my computer attempted the automatic update two nights ago. I woke up the next morning and I was stuck with the never ending cycle of trying to re-start and shutting down leaving me with the only option of starting in safe mode and restoring to a time prior to the attempted update. Now I can't shut down my computer because it keeps trying to install the update again fprcing me to complete the system restore each time. If anyone has any solutions it would be GREATLY appreciated! I have been looking online for help with this issue and have come up with nothing so far.

This is purely a Windows Update problem - please repost in the Windows Update forum

--

Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:57 AM