How to install hotfix kb936864 when following error occurs ? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello all,

i try to get hotfix kb93684 installed on my windows vista x64 client having MS Office 2007 Enterprise Edition and Office Communicator 2007already installed.

Unfortunately I get the error message: "The expected version of the product is was not found on the system." while running office2007-kb936864-fullfile-x86-en-us.exe.

Any ideas how to solve this problem ?

VSC

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:38 AM

Answers

• No problem.. as for your outlook integration issue is your SIP Address the same as your Email Address in Outlook?

If not than this could be part of the problem as Communicator will perform a validation check to ensure that your Outlook profile matches with the SIP Address. If you want to disable this check you can go ahead and use this knowledge base article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951644.

ps: don't forget the "mark as answer" if my answer helped you.

Sincerely,
    Tonino Bruno

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:14 PM
  • Thanks again, you gave me the right hints.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

this hotfix is included with Office 2007 SP1, so if you already deployed SP1 for Office 2007 then you no longer need to apply this hotfix (hence the error message).

Sincerely,
    Tonino Bruno
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

thanks a lot, didn't expect the answer will be that easy. Unfortunately so my original problem why I tried to install above mentioned hotfix will still be unfixed. I do have the problem that Office Communicator 2007 reports an Outlook Integration error. So will keep on searching for another fix now.

Thanks again

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:30 PM
  • No problem.. as for your outlook integration issue is your SIP Address the same as your Email Address in Outlook?

If not than this could be part of the problem as Communicator will perform a validation check to ensure that your Outlook profile matches with the SIP Address. If you want to disable this check you can go ahead and use this knowledge base article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951644.

ps: don't forget the "mark as answer" if my answer helped you.

Sincerely,
    Tonino Bruno

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:14 PM
  • Thanks again, you gave me the right hints.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:49 PM
  •  

Is there a way to disable this comparison check in Vista, because I tried the fix mentioned but the Outlook integration error still occurs?
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:17 PM