Media Center Extenders Stop Working After PP2 Installed RRS feed

• Question

• I have two Samsung MediaLive Media Center Extenders and both have worked without issue. Suddenly as soon as I installed PP2 and activated the Windows Media Center Connector, the Media Center Extenders stop working.

They turn on fine, I get the Windows Media Center graphic with the moving dots - but that screen stays on for about 5 minutes, then it changes to a black screen, and nothing else happens.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:16 PM

All replies

• Andrew Calvo - AlconicCF said:

I have two Samsung MediaLive Media Center Extenders and both have worked without issue. Suddenly as soon as I installed PP2 and activated the Windows Media Center Connector, the Media Center Extenders stop working.

They turn on fine, I get the Windows Media Center graphic with the moving dots - but that screen stays on for about 5 minutes, then it changes to a black screen, and nothing else happens.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi,

Please submit a bug for this on Connect.  We will need server side logs in order to investigate and you can provide them by either installing the toolkit on a client machine and publishing it the to the server or collecting the logs from the following location:

Server logs:         
    %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs

Once we have this information, we will follow up with you via Connect.

We have information regarding how to collect CABs here: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/content/content.aspx?ContentID=8535

Thanks!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:51 PM