Email Via Mail Merge RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I am using CRM 4.0 and it does gives an option of Launching a Email via Mail Merge Campaign. But when I try tro distribute the activities, it says:  "mail merge is not available in the microsoft dynamics CRM Web client. to perform the mail merge use the Microsoft Dynamics outlook "client.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated,.

Thanks
    Friday, November 7, 2008 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Donna,

I managed to find my own mistake... . The admin section in the lead had blank radio buttons for the Email etc. (As the leads were imported they were left blank.. )... Now mail merge works as expected. Cheers!!
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 2:06 PM

All replies

•  

You need to download and install the Outlook Client and then you will be able to distribute the e-mails.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 11:45 AM
  • Hi Donna,

Thanks for the response. As such my Outlook client is working perfect . It is just with the mail merge in Web as well as the client.

In web it is saying as the previous message.

In client: The recipient list is coming blank..Extremely strange !!. Please help
    Friday, November 7, 2008 11:55 AM
  • It sounds like you might have missed some steps in the process.  Check out these links to ensure you are taking all the steps you need to take to make this successful.

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/01/15/mscrm-4-0-mail-merge-basics.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5KHqVhbvnY

If you beleive you are taking all the steps correctly, then list your steps and I will test what you are doing and provide feedback.

Friday, November 7, 2008 12:50 PM
  • Hi Donna,

I managed to find my own mistake... . The admin section in the lead had blank radio buttons for the Email etc. (As the leads were imported they were left blank.. )... Now mail merge works as expected. Cheers!!
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 2:06 PM