Order of Pushpin Sets in the Legend in Streets and Trips RRS feed

• Question

• I have entered 32 pushpin sets with custom icons for each set and would like to arrange the order in which the are listed in the Legend and Overview.  Is thre a way to adjust the order in which they appear.  I know that when each set is loaded they naturally appear in that order in the legend but short of removing all 32 sests, with thousands of locations, and then reloading them in the order which I would like, is there a way to change the order by possibly dragging on dropping?
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:35 PM

All replies

• Yes, there is a way.

1.  Open the file with all your pushpin sets.

2.  Open another Streets and Trips (or Autoroute) with no map file (double-click the desktop icon).

3.  Position the two map files in S&T in side-by-side windows.

4.  Copy and paste the sets from your source file to your destination file one at a time in the reverse order you wish them to appear, i. e., copy the one in the source file you want to be at the bottom in destination file first, next up second, and so forth.  You select the set in the source file, right-click, select Copy, move the cursor to the Legend and overview of the destination file, right-click, select Paste.  Alternately, you can cut and paste which has the advantage of helping you keep track of the sets you have done as the source file is depleted.

This ain't draggin'-and-droppin' but it is the next best thing.

• Proposed as answer by Philip K1 Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:37 PM
    • Edited by Philip K1 Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:54 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:37 PM