MS Money2007 Home & Business RRS feed

• Question

• How do you delete from the Product and services item (product) which we do not have - run out-

It indicate, that it can't be deleted because of the old Invoices which are tide up to this product item'

Your help in this matter will be much appreciated

Thank you

JH

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:51 PM

All replies

• There aren't many Home & Business users that frequent this forum.  And I am pretty much ignorant of its many features.  

Keeping my limitations in mind, I would guess that Money won't delete an item because it is referenced in those old invoices.  I'm also guessing that you want to prevent the item from appearing in the drop-down list of items.  One thing you might try is to rename the item with a "x" prefixed to it.  I.e. if the item is "Widget23", rename it to "zWidget23".  This will put the renamed item at the bottom of the drop-down list where it is less visible.  I am also guessing that this may change the item name on old invoices.

Be sure to experiment with a copy of your file to make sure that the consequences of the change of an item name are acceptable to you.

And let us know if this works so we can note it for suture reference.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:09 PM
  • If you go to Business > Products & Services > and highlight the product in question, you can use the Update Inventory button to change the quantity to 0 to reflect that you have run out, but as Bill has stated, you can not delete the products if they are tied to past invoices.
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:44 PM