none
setting Vnext build to a specific version RRS feed

• Question

• hello

we are using TFS 2017 update 2 with it's matching build agent (2.117.2).

the scenario I'm trying to accomplish is, running a build and performing multiple get by label.

i have written a script which performs this and it works well.

however we wish to have a cleaner environment before we perform the get by label.

i tried to disable the get latest but it also did not set several important environment variables such as sourcesDirectory.

so this option is no good.

another option which was much better was queuing the build with C1 (Changeset 1).

i tried setting the "Build.SourceVersion" in the variables but unfortunately it did not perform as expected and did not use the value for the get operation before my script.

is there any way except for the UI to set the Get source version?

thank you

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:51 AM
    Saturday, January 6, 2018 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Liran,

This forum is for Visual Studio IDE issues, your issue is related to TFS, since TFS forum has retired on MSND and MS has moved it to developer community, I suggest you post the issue there or Stack overflow where MS support engineer will help with it.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Monday, January 8, 2018 5:36 AM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 5:36 AM