Money 2002 file is corrupted RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there, I have a MS Money 2002 version that I use to enter all the invoices and receipts for our business.  I was trying to open the file and there is a message box that pops up saying that the "money file" I am trying to open is corrupted and or is not a Money data file or MNy extension and to use a back up version.  Well, the backup that I have in last updated August 2017.  I know I backed up few times since then, but for some reason it's not there.  Please let me know if you can help me somehow.

I am missing a gap of almost a year of entries into this money file.  I have hard copies printed reports up to July 2018.  I will need to enter everything again since then.  Please any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

RBK1

Monday, October 29, 2018 4:28 AM

All replies

• Search your drives for Money backup files. One way to do this for your current drive is to run this command in a command window:

dir  \*.mbf  /s

An option if you want to specify a drive, such as C:, then do this command:

dir  c:\*.mbf  /s

It can take a long time to search everywhere.

Be glad your hard drive did not fail. The good part about this is it will motivate you to have more vintages of backup, and inspire you to have backups on other drives too.

If was only with Money 2006 and beyond that Money would automatically change the names for backup files so you did not keep overwriting your only backup file.

Monday, October 29, 2018 8:39 PM