Unable to edit/deploy JavaScript in WebResources to CRM 2013 from Visual Studio 2010 or 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I'm trying to pull in some Web Resources from my CRM 2013 (On Premises) Organization into Visual Studio so I can modify and redeploy them, but I'm getting this error:

------ Build started: Project: CrmPackage3, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    ------ Deploy started: Project: CrmPackage3, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    The credentials to connect to the Dynamics CRM Server are not available.Error: The credentials to connect to the Dynamics CRM Server are not available.
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I'm creating a new CRM 2013 Package, I connect successfully to my CRM 2013 Organization, and CRM Explorer is browsing my organization without any issue.  In CRM Explorer I've expanded Web Resources and Script (JScript) then right-click on a JavaScript file and select Add to Packaging Project.  After this it appears in my Visual Studio project under WebResources/Script (JScript) which is expected.  I make my changes, right-click on the Solution, and select Deploy to move the changes back but it generates the error above.  I can't find any reference to this specific error on Google or the MS forums, so any idea?  My Project/Solution in Visual Studio is connected to my CRM Organization as the CRM Explorer is loading fine.  Also I've tried this from Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 with the same out come.

Or is there some alternative way to modify a JavaScript file that's already deployed on the server short of Exporting the entire Solution, Expanding it, changing, compressing it back, and reimporting it?  Seems doing this through VS is just so simple if it'd work.

Thanks for any advice. 

• Edited by Sam Alex Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:50 PM add stuff
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

CRMToolBox gives you an option to work on webresources. Alternatly, You can export the webresource, work in Visual Studio and use the browse button on the webresource editor to upload the updated file.

Cheers,

Jithesh

Thursday, February 19, 2015 10:01 AM