How are people able to still post to the OLD VC++ forums? RRS feed

• Question

• There must be some hole in the system that is still allowing posts to be put in the old Visual C++ forums at:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=8&SiteID=1

Look at the screen under Last Post, and someone "Waiman Li" posted today!  I noticed this a couple days ago for some other post as well.  Obviously I can't see those posts because as soon as you click on them they take you to the new site and are missing on the new site.

Can you check for places that are possibly allowing posts to slip through?  (or maybe some moderator is erroneously moving those posts from an active old forums to that inactive old forum, due to being posted in the wrong forum)
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:49 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting Ted_

This has been logged as a bug and will be addressed with the product team.  I can tell you that no one is able to post to the migrated forums as they are locked and we don't have any moderators/administrators moving threads either because they are locked.

I'll get back to you on what I find.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:41 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting Ted_

This has been logged as a bug and will be addressed with the product team.  I can tell you that no one is able to post to the migrated forums as they are locked and we don't have any moderators/administrators moving threads either because they are locked.

I'll get back to you on what I find.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:41 AM
  • No, they are definitely moved threads.  Just moved one this morning from Windows Forms General to .NET Setup and it showed up as the last posted thread in the old forum category.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, June 30, 2008 9:09 PM
  • Is this still an issue?

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:31 AM