Proper way to update data cache and Datasets using the Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having some troubles when updating tables on the SQL Server database and then running the sync wizard again and having those changes migrate through to the local dataset and data cache.

Is there a way to update my project for changes I make to the master hosted database and have those transfer back into my project or is it a one shot deal?  I have tried a lot of ways but it seem the only way that works is to blow away the cashe.sync and the dataset and rebuild. This would be ok but the VS designer then blows away all the databindings to the controls and binding sources, tableadaptermanager etc.

Maybe there is an order in the way it needs to be done with the wizard?
    • Moved by Tina_Tian Friday, April 22, 2011 8:06 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:45 PM

All replies

• I re-installed the VS sp1 yet again and now I can once again move tables from the server explorer to the Dataset designer. This is about the third time I have done this to fix various issues.

There seems to be a lot of issues with the SP1 install on some systems. I guess I am just lucky.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 4:29 PM