Missing installation DVD RRS feed

• Question

• I've lost the installation DVD for WHS 2011. Where is it available for download?
    Friday, April 8, 2016 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows Home Server is OEM version which ties to hardware, if so, you may contact the manufacturer from who you purchased the WHS to ask for the installation medium.

Also, due to the country and region, if you purchased the WHS software and build your own WHS, I would recommend you to contact the software retailer to ask for the installation medium.

Microsoft official website do not provide the WHS installation medium now(free download). If you have the account which is still available on MSDN Subscriptions, you may find the install medium from below link:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 8:07 AM

All replies

• It's not!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, April 9, 2016 1:02 AM
  • Hi,

Windows Home Server is OEM version which ties to hardware, if so, you may contact the manufacturer from who you purchased the WHS to ask for the installation medium.

Also, due to the country and region, if you purchased the WHS software and build your own WHS, I would recommend you to contact the software retailer to ask for the installation medium.

Microsoft official website do not provide the WHS installation medium now(free download). If you have the account which is still available on MSDN Subscriptions, you may find the install medium from below link:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 8:07 AM
  • Then I stand corrected!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, April 11, 2016 9:54 AM
  • Thank you, most helpful
    Monday, April 11, 2016 3:59 PM