none
Cant use "Ask a Question" option in Mozilla 3 RRS feed

• Question

• After the shift to social.msdn.com i am unable to use the option of posting the questions in forums using Mozilla 3. It use to work perfectly fine with the old MSDn website. 

Whenever i try to use the option, the display of the answer window with toolbar gets garbled. I see the text box where-in i can write the query. But to modify it or add code -  the toolbar just shows junk. So the work-around is to open in IE and write it.

I am using IE-6 and mozilla 3.0.1 

I hope this gets sorted out soon.
    Kavitesh Singh.
    Monday, September 15, 2008 6:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Interesting. I was able to bring it up on Firefox 3.0.1 just fine. What OS? Screen resolution?

Thanks
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Monday, September 15, 2008 5:08 PM
    Mozilla: 3.0.1
    Screen Resolution: 1280x1024

Kavitesh Singh.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:24 AM
  • Tried in Opera 9.24, it works fine. Just with Mozilla the problem persists.

Kavitesh Singh.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:26 AM
  • Kavitesh:

Do you have the "Minimum Font Size" set to something other than "None" in the Mozilla browser settings? See this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/91afe7cf-7534-44fb-826c-83280d58b734

(which never received a response). This one one of many serious display bugs in Mozilla browsers, including FireFox which is supposed to be a supported browser.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Kavitesh Singh Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:25 AM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:02 AM
  • davewilk said:

Kavitesh:

Do you have the "Minimum Font Size" set to something other than "None" in the Mozilla browser settings? See this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/91afe7cf-7534-44fb-826c-83280d58b734

(which never received a response). This one one of many serious display bugs in Mozilla browsers, including FireFox which is supposed to be a supported browser.

Well i had set it to 12 points. On changing it to "NONE" it started displaying correctly.

But by selecting None option the font size for normal MSDN website decreases a lot. But i guess problem is at the Mozilla end.

Thanks for helping me out. Appreciate that.

Kavitesh Singh.
    • Marked as answer by Kavitesh Singh Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:53 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:53 PM
  • Kavitesh:

I very much doubt the problem is at the Mozilla end. Do you have problems with other sites when you do not have minimum set to "None"?

There are other problems in the composition window with Mozilla browsers, most particularly the font drop-down does not work correctly if the underlying window is not scrolled to the top.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:37 PM
  • Well so far i have not encountered any problem by keeping value other than None. I generally kept it to 11-12 keeping in mind my screen resolution.

The sites like yahoo, MSN, google and forums like Sun MySQL all appear to be fine when opened with either 11 or None as minimum font. I have noticed only on MSDN the font gets too small with None options. Actually its only to increasing the font in MSDN that i changed this None value.

Kavitesh Singh.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 4:01 AM