Windows 7 & Money Plus Deluxe RRS feed

• Question

• Recently upgraded from XP to Windows 7. Have been using Money Programs for past 10 years. Current version is Money Plus Deluxe 17.0.120.1415. I've been getting 60 day activation notices, but ignored them since Microsoft no longer supports Money. Now the Program has stopped working. I can't activate because I purchased the latest version on line and don't have the product key. Efforts to secure product key from Stores was unsuccessful. How do I activate? If I can't activate do you recommend the Sunshine version?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:03 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:11 AM

All replies

• To use a  Money Plus Deluxe file on a new computer, you will have to install  Money Plus Deluxe Sunset. See this article that has a link and explains what has happened:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2118008

You will probably have to uninstall Money Plus Deluxe before installing Sunset.

Sunset will not do direct online access. Some online functionality may be replaced for you with PocketSense for downloading many broker and credit card statements or getting stock/fund quotes.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:25 AM
  • When I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7. I cannot get Money plus Deluxe to download from the CD.  I do have all my previous programs and data on the old hard drive connected to the notebook. How can I get Money Plus to the notebook with all my data?
    • Proposed as answer by leeph Friday, August 24, 2012 5:44 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Cal LearnerModerator Friday, August 24, 2012 6:08 PM
    Friday, August 24, 2012 5:43 PM
  • To use a  Money Plus Deluxe file on your new laptop, you will have to install  Money Plus Deluxe Sunset. You will not be able to use your CD because activation servers that installation depended upon are gone. See this article that has a link and explains what has happened:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2118008

You will probably have to uninstall Money Plus Deluxe before installing Sunset.

Sunset will not do direct online access. Some online functionality may be replaced for you with PocketSense for downloading many broker and credit card statements or getting stock/fund quotes.

Friday, August 24, 2012 6:09 PM