Can't purchase a suscription with a Canadian billing address. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a trial version of OneCare installed. I want to subscribe but the payment form only accepts US billing addresses. I try to contact Support but it says I don't have a paid subscription so I have to sign in to Windows Live ID. When I do that I am taking into a loop requiring me to sign in to Windows Live ID (because I don't have a paid subscription). I even tried this while signed in (otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this message) and same thing. This is most frustrating and if not resolved in a timely fashion, I'll have to go back to McAfee. I was able to live chat with their rep in less than two minuters.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 3:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hey George

This will get you to support http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2 and I don't know way you can't subscribe using the billing address you have.

chuck

Saturday, May 17, 2008 6:00 PM
  • Hi Chuck;

Thanks for the timely response, nice to know someone out there is listening. I tried your link, followed the instructions - to no avail. Why can't I get a support person? Doesn't Microsoft want my money? Seriously; I've tried the trial version of OneCare and I like it and want to sign up. It shouldn't be this difficult. Can you post a link to a support representative that can resolve this problem? You can email the link to george.ayer(nospamplease)@sympatico.ca if you'd prefer.

Thanks for your help

George A.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 3:20 AM
  • Hello George, is your language in Internet Explorer set to English ( Canada ) ?

Sunday, May 18, 2008 3:49 AM
  • Bingo, that did it! I never would have figured that one out. I'll remember that one. Thanks very much, Jim.

Regards

George A.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 12:37 PM
  • You are very welcome. Sometimes even the smallest detail can cause a headache.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:12 PM