Dell touchpad won't scroll the text editor RRS feed

• Question

• This is a strange problem.  I have a Dell M1330 with scroll pads along the sides of the touchpad.  In VS 2008 SP1, the scroll pads will not scroll the editor down or to the right.  Strangely, it WILL scroll the editor up and left.  I don't have this problem in other applications, and in fact, I do not have this problem in the various dialog boxes and panels in the IDE.  It's only the editor that has the problem.  I tried plugging in an external mouse, and the scroll wheel worked fine in both directions.  I tried installing the latest input drivers from Dell with no luck.  I also happened to have VS 2005 installed on here, and it has the same problem.  Anybody have any idea what is going on here?
    • Moved by jack 321 Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:43 AM Dell touchpad hardware issue (Moved from Visual C# IDE to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Sunday, August 24, 2008 4:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Coryb,

Thank you for the post. Unfortunately there is no forum where you can post your query.
    However, it seems that you have some software conflict with the driver. So you can contact dell for the help or you can post your query at http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=53625 which is the dell notebook forum.

Hope that helps.

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Marked as answer by ashawani_dubey Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:47 AM
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:47 AM