Synopsis RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Media Center computer recording TV shows.  Also have a Windows Home Server 2011.  And, also have an XBOX 360.  So I can use the XBOX to watch live TV and recorded TV off Windows Media Center.  I have some videos on my WHS 2011 box that have been meta tagged with YAMMM.  I can see the folder.jpg, I can see the xml file in my eHome\DvdInfoCache folder.  I have also told YAMMM to copy the data to the MediaStreamingAdmin eHome folder.  I then go into the extender and tell it to use the \\<server>\videos folder on the WHS box.  Says right on and shows the videos with their thumbnails.  However no synopsis.  I have tried other tools than YAMMM but no joy.  Am I missing something or does the files and their associated metadata HAVE to reside on the WMC box and not the WHS box?  Wasn't sure if connecting to another computer was an issue. 

JR

Sunday, July 3, 2011 3:59 AM

All replies

• If I understand correctly, you're expecting sidecar files that aren't in the same location as your videos to supply metadata about those videos? Try putting a sidecar with metadata in the same folder as the video it describes and see what happens. 
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, July 8, 2011 1:45 PM