Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 - Business Management Error - The user ID associated with current record is not valid RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I am new to CRM 4.0, We have installed the CRM 4.0 on Windows 2008 Server.

Here are the steps follwoed while installing:

1. Confiured the machine Windows 2008 Server as domain controller i.e. Domain Name as CRM

2. Created the users as 1. crmserver 2. crmclient

3. Logged into the Windows 2008 Server as user "crmserver" and installed the CRM 4.0 package.

4. Configured one of the client machine i.e. Windows Xp and added to the domain CRM and logged into the system using the user account as "crmclient"

5. When i am tring to access the web client using the URL: http://machinename:5555/MSCRM , it prompted to enter user id and password. When i entered the user as "crmserver" and its password, i was able to view the page properly. but when i tried to enter the user id as "crmclient" and its password ( another account in the same CRM domain), i am getting the error message as:

"Business Management Errot"

The user ID associated with current record is not valid.

I think it should be possible to access the web page from the system which is belonging to the same domain but different login id. Please let me know if i have missed anything?

Here is the Eventvwr logged:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Date:          8/4/2010 7:22:32 PM
    Event ID:      1309
    Task Category: Web Event
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      ACDserver2.CRM
    Description:
    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 8/4/2010 7:22:32 PM
    Event time (UTC): 8/4/2010 1:52:32 PM
    Event ID: 6d7899b0825a40be9a9bb153ad2d42a0
    Event sequence: 73
    Event occurrence: 11
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-129254026695565183
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\
        Machine name: ACDSERVER2

Process information:
        Process ID: 5020
        Process name: w3wp.exe
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
        Exception type: CrmException
        Exception message: The user Id is invalid.

Request information:
        Request URL: http://acdserver2:5555/mscrm/default.aspx
        Request path: /mscrm/default.aspx
        User host address: ::1
        User: CRM\crmclient
        Is authenticated: True
        Authentication Type: Negotiate
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
        Thread ID: 8
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
        Is impersonating: True
        Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetPrivilegedUserCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity..ctor(WindowsIdentity innerIdentity, Boolean publishCrmUser, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowsAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Thanks

Sudhir C N
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:08 AM

Answers

• When you install CRM, the logged in user is defined as a deployment administrator in CRM and a user record is created for that in the default organization automatically. In your case this is user named: "crmserver". But for the other used "crmclient", you need to define it in CRM manually. Login to crm homepage as "crmserver" and go to Settings -> Administration -> Users. There you willl see only one user record, add another record for "crmclient" user. Note, in the user form you only need to specify Domain Logon Name as <domainname>\"crmclient". When you move away from this field the rest of fields will be populated from AD automatically. After saving this record once, you must assing atleast one security role to the user. That is possible in the left navigation pane of user record which should be enabled if user record is saved successfully.

• Proposed as answer by ameed sheikh Thursday, August 5, 2010 5:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sudhir C N Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:01 AM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 5:15 AM

All replies

• When you install CRM, the logged in user is defined as a deployment administrator in CRM and a user record is created for that in the default organization automatically. In your case this is user named: "crmserver". But for the other used "crmclient", you need to define it in CRM manually. Login to crm homepage as "crmserver" and go to Settings -> Administration -> Users. There you willl see only one user record, add another record for "crmclient" user. Note, in the user form you only need to specify Domain Logon Name as <domainname>\"crmclient". When you move away from this field the rest of fields will be populated from AD automatically. After saving this record once, you must assing atleast one security role to the user. That is possible in the left navigation pane of user record which should be enabled if user record is saved successfully.

• Proposed as answer by ameed sheikh Thursday, August 5, 2010 5:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sudhir C N Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:01 AM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 5:15 AM
  •  

After doing the above said, i am getting the following error:

"No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified Domain Name and User ID."

The Microsoft CRM user record doesn't exists with specified Domain Name and User ID.

Sudhir C N
    • Edited by Sudhir C N Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:25 AM Error
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:02 AM