none
OAUTH2 appoval issue on login.live.com RRS feed

• Question

• I work on an email app for Android called Aqua Mail.

We support OAUTH2 for several mail providers including Hotmail / Outlook.com

Since maybe 2-3 weeks, we're getting complaints from German users - they're not able to accept the app's permissions on the "oauth2 consent / approval" screen, because there are no buttons for it.

This is a WebView in our app. The content - the whole login / consent "flow" - comes from Microsoft's web site.

I'm attaching a screenshot sent by a German user - there are supposed to be buttons (yes / no) near the bottom of the content, but they're missing / not visible.

I'm also attaching a screenshot of same screen in English - the buttons are there (although they too are partially clipped... but at least they're there at all).

This may be an issue for other verbose languages - Russian, Hungarian, Norwegian, Swedish - I haven't checked.

Oh and the whole "flow" starts by loading this URL into a WebView:

https://login.live.com/oauth20_authorize.srf

with the required parameters:

client_id = ...
    state = getCode
    response_type = code
    scope = wl.imap wl.emails wl.offline_access
    rediect_uri  = https://auth.aqua-mail.com/oauth2callback.html

Since it's a touch device, we also add "display=touch".

Saturday, July 28, 2018 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Kostya Vasilyev,

This forum(Outlook for developers) is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model and I think your issue is more related to OAUTH2.So I will suggest you contact OAUTH2's support team for help and for the current thread, I will move it to Off-Topic  forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 30, 2018 6:41 AM
  • Terry,

What is the appropriate forum for OAUTH2 (Windows Live OAUTH2, specifically for Hotmail / Outlook.com) please?

Where do I find OAUTH2's support team?

Please note that OAUTH2 is not a company name or a product name - it's the name of a common technology used by Microsoft (and others) for authentication.

The issue is with Microsoft's OAUTH2 implementation for Windows Live / Hotmail / Outlook.com accounts.

Monday, July 30, 2018 9:42 AM