Is Soft4Download illegal?!?!? RRS feed

• Question

• Will a moderator or someone official please tell me that Soft4Download is illegal?  They are way too cheap, keep changing their url, etc., but I need to have it posted official, because there are too many conflicting reports on the intertubes.

Thanks,

buzz

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 4:43 PM

Answers

• Buzz,

Right now I have upchanneled this information. Please give me some time and we will get back with you. Again thank you for the information.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 11:40 PM
  • Thanks, I appreciate it.  I'm trying to make sure my parents household is all legalized for full implementation of Windows Home Server when it arrives.  Purchases from Soft4Download might cause an issue with this, but we'll probably end up upgrading to new computers pre-loaded with Vista to be ready. 

I just want to be able to officially warn people from a Microsoft standpoint, so they are not scammed by unscrupulous websites.  Thanks again...

buzz

Thursday, August 9, 2007 1:13 PM
  •  

Buzz,

Thank you for all the information and appreciate your concern. I have elevated your concern for review. Again thank you and will get back with you.

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:17 PM
  • Buzz,

We are not in a position to address legal questions here in the forum. I would recommend you submit a piracy report. Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is here to help protect YOU, our valued customer. It is important for more people like you to report piracy @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.mspx  who have become victims. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices.  You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs. We CANNOT determine the "Quality" level of non-Genuine submissions and cannot guarantee such a thing here on the forum. We have a 3rd party registered Cryptography lab who evaluates EVERY (really!) submission for the High-Quality Counterfeit replacement program - as they have a pre-determined subset of items they look for. 

Again Buzz thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:38 PM

All replies

• Buzz,

Right now I have upchanneled this information. Please give me some time and we will get back with you. Again thank you for the information.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 11:40 PM
  • Thanks, I appreciate it.  I'm trying to make sure my parents household is all legalized for full implementation of Windows Home Server when it arrives.  Purchases from Soft4Download might cause an issue with this, but we'll probably end up upgrading to new computers pre-loaded with Vista to be ready. 

I just want to be able to officially warn people from a Microsoft standpoint, so they are not scammed by unscrupulous websites.  Thanks again...

buzz

Thursday, August 9, 2007 1:13 PM
  •  

Buzz,

Thank you for all the information and appreciate your concern. I have elevated your concern for review. Again thank you and will get back with you.

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:17 PM
  • Buzz,

We are not in a position to address legal questions here in the forum. I would recommend you submit a piracy report. Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is here to help protect YOU, our valued customer. It is important for more people like you to report piracy @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.mspx  who have become victims. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices.  You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs. We CANNOT determine the "Quality" level of non-Genuine submissions and cannot guarantee such a thing here on the forum. We have a 3rd party registered Cryptography lab who evaluates EVERY (really!) submission for the High-Quality Counterfeit replacement program - as they have a pre-determined subset of items they look for. 

Again Buzz thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:38 PM