Where can I get this now? RRS feed

• Question

• I really don't have 1-3 weeks to sit around and wait for a trial disk to arrive.  I need to install a server solution today.

Where can I get the software?  All I have been able to find are retailers selling hardware with the software loaded.  No one seems to be selling the software alone.  Of course New Egg/Tiger Direct etc have it, but I need it now, not two days from now.

Any ideas?
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:07 PM

Answers

• treyadams said:

I really don't have 1-3 weeks to sit around and wait for a trial disk to arrive.  I need to install a server solution today.

Where can I get the software?

All I have been able to find are retailers selling hardware with the software loaded.  No one seems to be selling the software alone.  Of course New Egg/Tiger Direct etc have it, but I need it now, not two days from now.

Any ideas?

You can't.  It's not available as a retail product, only OEM.
    • Marked as answer by treyadams Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:19 PM
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:12 PM

All replies

• treyadams said:

I really don't have 1-3 weeks to sit around and wait for a trial disk to arrive.  I need to install a server solution today.

Where can I get the software?

All I have been able to find are retailers selling hardware with the software loaded.  No one seems to be selling the software alone.  Of course New Egg/Tiger Direct etc have it, but I need it now, not two days from now.

Any ideas?

You can't.  It's not available as a retail product, only OEM.
    • Marked as answer by treyadams Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:19 PM
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:12 PM
  • great--thanks
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:19 PM
  • treyadams said:

great--thanks

Actually, I should make one additional comment.  While you can't walk into a store and purchase a license for WHS, I believe you can still download a trial version from Connect.  You can use that while you wait for a full version of it to arrive from newegg/tiger direct or any other website that sells the OEM version.  Then when the OEM version arrives, you just perform a Server Reinstallation.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:30 PM