Statistics detail RRS feed

• Question

• I'm doing bidirectional sync in my app (sqlce 3.5 and sqlserver 2005, sync ado.net 1.0) on all the tables.

In the app I'm caching some of the data for performance, so once the sync is completed, I need to refresh the local data, and currently the only way is to clear all the cache.

My question is, is there any way to find out if there's any changes (downloaded) to any particular table, so I could just clear the cache for that table only?

Thanks,
    WL

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 8:40 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hello WL,

I tried my best to help you here.  So you would like to know the number of changes before they are applied on the local CE database.  So this is my advice.

1. In the sync app, add a event handler to ClientProvider.ApplyingChanges event.

2. In side the event handler routine, you can get the DataSet object from the event parameter e.Changes which e is in type of ApplyingChangesEventArgs.

Thanks,

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:02 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello WL,

I tried my best to help you here.  So you would like to know the number of changes before they are applied on the local CE database.  So this is my advice.

1. In the sync app, add a event handler to ClientProvider.ApplyingChanges event.

2. In side the event handler routine, you can get the DataSet object from the event parameter e.Changes which e is in type of ApplyingChangesEventArgs.

Thanks,

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Leo Zhou,

Thanks! It works for me.

WL
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:02 PM