PP3 Auto Archive Service Fails To Start RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running WHS with PP3 (RTM) and MCE on Win 7. The auto archive service fails to start. Only after re-installing the WHS Connector software, it again works correctly but after a while it fails again. Anyone knows what causes this and how to resolve ?

Many thanks !
    Monday, January 18, 2010 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am running WHS with PP3 (RTM) and MCE on Win 7. The auto archive service fails to start. Only after re-installing the WHS Connector software, it again works correctly but after a while it fails again. Anyone knows what causes this and how to resolve ?

Many thanks !
    If you're referring to the Windows Media Center TV Archive Transfer Service (which it sounds like you are), it's a Delayed Start on Win7.  Which means if you just booted your machine, it will "fail" for the first couple minutes, then it will work.

If that's not your situation (in other words it never works no matter how long your PC has been running since the boot up sequence), you could try looking at the event logs on your client and see if they show any details about why it's not running.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Many thanks !
    If you're referring to the Windows Media Center TV Archive Transfer Service (which it sounds like you are), it's a Delayed Start on Win7.  Which means if you just booted your machine, it will "fail" for the first couple minutes, then it will work.

If that's not your situation (in other words it never works no matter how long your PC has been running since the boot up sequence), you could try looking at the event logs on your client and see if they show any details about why it's not running.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 1:51 AM
  • Hi,

Many thanks !

Hi,

It appears that the service cannoty be restarted (even maunally) after the MCE returns from sleep mode. Is there any way we can resolve this ?

Many thanks,

Tony
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:23 AM
  • Media Center TV archive transfer service will not start, not even through the services mmc. it starts and then shuts down again. in media center, when you click on tv archive, this error is shown: "tv archive The Windows Media Center TV Archive Transfer Service is not running. Please start this service and try again." - What can be done to fix this? Reinstall of WHS Connector did not help.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Media Center TV archive transfer service will not start, not even through the services mmc. it starts and then shuts down again. in media center, when you click on tv archive, this error is shown: "tv archive The Windows Media Center TV Archive Transfer Service is not running. Please start this service and try again." - What can be done to fix this? Reinstall of WHS Connector did not help.
    I am having the exact same problem and all of the fixes I have found and tried have not worked at all.  Very frustrating!
    Friday, July 23, 2010 5:06 PM