CANNOT OPEN MICROSOFT MONEY 2004 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Microsoft Money 2004 for the past 9 years without any problems. Today, Microsoft Money suddenly closed and when I tried to open it with the password I just received an error report, this happens every time I try to open the programme and I cannot access my fionancial data. I know MS no longer provide support. I have tried System Restore, I have uninstalled Money and reinstalled it in putted the data and then tried to access it but the problem persists - it still says there is an error and Microsoft Money has got to close. The error report says:- error signature. AppName msmoney. AppVer12.0.0.613 ModName mspfet10.dll ModVer 12.0.0.613 Offset 00212a5 I know I am using the right password and all my other applications are OK. Can anyone help please?
    Friday, December 20, 2013 6:19 PM

All replies

• Don't overwrite your latest backup.
    Make a new copy of your your latest 3 backup (*.mbf) onto other media. Also copy your *.mny file to other media before proceeding.
    Try Quick and Standard file repair.

If you still have a problem, File->Restore your backup.

If the backup has a problem,

o See if you can open Sample.mny from your Money installation folder

o If Sample.mny won't open, install the version of Microsoft Money appropriate to your region using what is currently the second thread on this forum. If that is Money Plus Deluxe Sunset, also apply the patch discussed in the first post.

o review your backup procedures for the future.
     o In View, sort the registers by order of entry,
       and delete the new ones.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:11 AM