.NET Core issue: HTTP Error 500.30 - issue with certificate #.netcore RRS feed

• Question

• I tried publishing my .net core app to azure and am storing sensitive data in a KeyVault. I then created SSL certificate and added that to my KeyVault which my web app can access. After publishing I'm getting an HTTP Error 500.30 message.

After checking logs, my application is complaining that it cannot find the certificate and is referencing my local certificate instead of the one I created on the server. Exception details below: 

System.Exception: Certificate is not installed at WebApi.Program.GetCertificate(String thumbprint) in C:\Users\roonz\Source\Repos\Letters\WebApi\Program.cs:line 48 at WebApi.Program.<>c.<CreateHostBuilder>b__1_0(IConfigurationBuilder builder) in C:\Users\roonz\Source\Repos\Letters\WebApi\Program.cs:line 28 at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingHostBuilderExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<ConfigureAppConfiguration>b__0(HostBuilderContext context, IConfigurationBuilder builder) at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.BuildAppConfiguration() at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.Build() at WebApi.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\roonz\Source\Repos\Letters\WebApi\Program.cs:line 17

Any help is appreciated!

#.netcore3.1 #azure

Sunday, April 19, 2020 1:20 AM

All replies

• Hi roonz11,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I suppose this issue is about Microsoft Azure Key Vault and our forum is to discuss about .NET Framework Setup and Servicing issues. So I suggest you redirect to the Stack Overflow tagged azure-keyvault or ssl forum for a more professional help. Thanks for your understanding.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in this forum.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, April 20, 2020 9:46 AM