Money 98 Files RRS feed

• Question

• Checking with Microsoft, they say there is no way to convert Money 98 files to Money Plus Files so it can work on a Windows 7 PRO platform.  Does anyone out there have a solution to this?  O maybe make Money 98 work on a Windows 7 PRO operating system?

Don

Sunday, April 2, 2017 12:05 AM

All replies

• Did you try installing and running Money 98 on your Windows 7 pro system?  I believe that it will work.  If not, post back with what happens when you try.

If your Money 98 is a US version, you may be able convert it to Money Plus with an intermediate step using Money 2004.  Alternatively, you can do a qif export of most of your data from Money 98 and import it into Money Plus.  Post back it you would like to try one of those options.

Bill Becker

Sunday, April 2, 2017 3:03 AM
  • My Money 99 is working fine on my Windows 7 desktop and my Windows 8.1 laptop.  I do remember an issue during installation.  A pop-up appeared complaining about an incompatibility but pressing enter allowed the process to proceed successfully.

Hopefully, Money 98 will be sufficiently similar to achieve the same result.

Sunday, April 2, 2017 5:28 AM