none
How to set permanantaly iis6 in windows 7 64 bit ultimate sp 1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Hope doing well,

sir i am using windows  7 ultimate 64 bit sp 1 operating system. and i am installing my web software to run in local host. for that i have to check the checkbox in iis 6 manager in turn windows features on or off in install / uninstall program in control panel. when i checked der my local host application working fine. but whenever i am shutting down or restart my system.

it's went off and after that i am not able to run my application in localhost.

plz help me.

it's urgent

Thanks in advance.

vicky Bangalore

• Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:37 AM (From:Windows Forms Sample Applications)
    Friday, July 27, 2012 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi vicky,

Sorry but I have no problems logging in the forum. I don't know if there are some settings in you web browser blocks you to log in.

The forum here is only for development issues. Application issues are not supported here. I'm not very familiar with these issues so I'm afraid I'm not able to give a good solution to you. There will be more experts in the Microsoft Answers forum.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:05 AM

All replies

• If you mean that IIS is not starting automatically on Startup. Check that in Services.

You have not correctly configured IIS.

Try Re-installing IIS. First do it off and then Check All Checkboxes and Make sure that Internet Information Services is Checked in Turn Windows Features On or Off. 

• Proposed as answer by John Bhatt Monday, September 16, 2013 11:16 AM
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:19 AM
  • Hi vicky,

This forum is for Windows Forms development issues.

If you have any application questions in Windows, you can post in Microsoft Answers forum.

There will be more experts to answer your question.

If there are any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Hi sir i am not able to login in microsoft answer forums.

and i am having some question related from windows 7

plz help me.

thanks in advance.

vicky Bangalore

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi vicky,

I have checked that the link which I provided is right. I can login the forum successfully.

Could you describe in details if there is something wrong when you login? Cannot open the link or login failed with your account?

Best regards,

Chester Hong

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:54 AM
  • sir when i am clicking  in sign in link  that one more forms is appears.

that name is create profile and there is displaying like that.

One More Step ...

<label for="DisplayName"> Display Name: (Required - visible to public. You can change this.) </label>
    <input class="textbox" id="DisplayName" maxlength="50" name="DisplayName" type="text" value="VikashKumar" />
    <label for="EmailAddressLabel"> Email address: (Optional - private and not visible to public.) </label>
    <input class="textbox" id="EmailAddress" name="EmailAddress" type="text" value="vikashkrburnwal@gmail.com" />
    <input id="chkTermCond" name="chkTermCond" type="checkbox" /><label for="chkTermCond"> I accept the Answers Code of Conduct </label>

Privacy & Cookies

and in last two button is there one is signin and one is cancel

and in same page one modal popup is showing that is:-

Signing in...

This page will automatically update after you are signed in.
    If you are having problems, you can close this message and try to connect again.

and in last one cancel button is there

and nothing is happend.

that's it

plz guide me how to login in this page.

Thanks in advance.

vicky Bangalore

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:04 AM
  • Hi vicky,

I tried to sign out and log in several times, and the popup you mentioned appear only once.

I'm not very sure about how it comes out.

But I tried to close the popup and continue log in, and it succeeded.

I think you can try to re-login or refresh your web browser to see whether it works.

Best regards,

Chester Hong

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:44 AM
  • sir after clicking on sign in link button it's coming sign in modal popup and it's not hide and simply showing connecting..

and taking more time but not coming the login page.

this is not correct way.

better to use simple like asp forums whenever i click in login suddenly the login page is coming

like that you should use.

bcoz users want simple and fast work.

and this is not a good way. its killing user time.

still it's not opening.

can't you give my answer only in this page.

i am very frustrated.

plz help me.

thanks

vicky Bangalore

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:53 AM
  • Hi vicky,

Sorry but I have no problems logging in the forum. I don't know if there are some settings in you web browser blocks you to log in.

The forum here is only for development issues. Application issues are not supported here. I'm not very familiar with these issues so I'm afraid I'm not able to give a good solution to you. There will be more experts in the Microsoft Answers forum.

Best regards,

Chester Hong

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Hi sir,

I got the issue that was iis was not restarting automatically after restarting i used the properties as automatic and it's working fine.

thanks for your response.

i am marking it as answer.

vicky Bangalore

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:03 PM