MCTS 4.0 VS MCTS 3.5 (what to choose) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am planning to give MCTS exam. I am bit confuse which one? There are two choices right now.

1. 70-515

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications

or

2. 70-536 and 70-562 (MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 ASP .NET Applications)

Now if i am selecting option 1 (70-515), as everybody knows there is no enough material but on advantage is that as this exam is new one , so if i will pass this exam than i will be upto date and i will learn VS 2010 along with examination preparation but here drawback is that there is no material available.

Now if i am selecting option 2 then i have to give 2 exams to earn MCTS certification and after clearing both exams also i will not upto date with market.

Pls. advice.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi

I advise you always to take the newest ones among certifications, but nevertheless you have to get a good knowledge base. I strongly advise you to take enough time to study the .net framework 2.0, it is the heart of the .net technology. If you master it you get the power of mastering that technology and every thing else would be just details belive me. This is issued from my personal experience. Me prsonally, I spent 3 hole years nothing but studying the .net framework 2.0. But after that I got 9 certifications of excelence on almost development fields, I get them like eating a peace of cake. 

Good luck

The complexity resides in the simplicity
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:59 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:45 PM
  • If you wish, you can use the preparation materials for 70-562. After you finish studying them, you can then go to the "Skills Measured" tab in the exam description for 70-515, and pick out the few entries that are not covered by the 70-562. You can study those by means of the documentation and tutorials available at MSDN and at other sites such as www.asp.net. For instance, MVC knowledge is one of the skills measured by exam 70-515 which is not covered in the materials for 70-562, but the tutorials at www.asp.net are excellent and will provide enough preparation for the exam questions on this topic. In this way, you can prepare for the latest exam even though there are no readily available training materials specifically geared to it.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:22 PM
  • Hi,

I recently came across this situation but I went for MCTS 70-515 and Yes I passed http://bit.ly/9xHvrT. There are some new stuff in the exam outline such as jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, Dynamic Data websites etc.

Adil Mughal - http://AdilMughal.com
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi

I advise you always to take the newest ones among certifications, but nevertheless you have to get a good knowledge base. I strongly advise you to take enough time to study the .net framework 2.0, it is the heart of the .net technology. If you master it you get the power of mastering that technology and every thing else would be just details belive me. This is issued from my personal experience. Me prsonally, I spent 3 hole years nothing but studying the .net framework 2.0. But after that I got 9 certifications of excelence on almost development fields, I get them like eating a peace of cake. 

Good luck

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:45 PM
  • If you wish, you can use the preparation materials for 70-562. After you finish studying them, you can then go to the "Skills Measured" tab in the exam description for 70-515, and pick out the few entries that are not covered by the 70-562. You can study those by means of the documentation and tutorials available at MSDN and at other sites such as www.asp.net. For instance, MVC knowledge is one of the skills measured by exam 70-515 which is not covered in the materials for 70-562, but the tutorials at www.asp.net are excellent and will provide enough preparation for the exam questions on this topic. In this way, you can prepare for the latest exam even though there are no readily available training materials specifically geared to it.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:22 PM
  • Hi,

I recently came across this situation but I went for MCTS 70-515 and Yes I passed http://bit.ly/9xHvrT. There are some new stuff in the exam outline such as jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, Dynamic Data websites etc.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Hi Adil,

You are talking about MCPD web developer 4.0 or other staff?

Saturday, November 6, 2010 3:42 PM
  • Hi Adil,

You are talking about MCPD web developer 4.0 or other staff?

Hi,

I am talking about MCTS - .NET Framework 4, Web Applications 70-515.

Monday, November 8, 2010 10:46 AM