CRM 2011 Dashboard Auto-Refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, All

I've created a nice dashboard to show my Call Centre Stats. It has three charts showing different metrics, and a list of active cases in a grid.

The intention is to throw this dashboard up onto a plasma screen in our call centre (full screen with the ribbon hidden and the navigation bar shrunk to its smallest possible size). It looks good!

The problem, though, is that the various charts and the list do not automatically refresh themselves. Is there any way I can make it that so that they do? Basically, I want the same functionality as when I click "Refresh All" on the dashboard ribbon, but it needs to happen automatically - either on a schedule every 10 minutes or so, or (if possible) whenever a new case is added or resolved.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
    Graham

• Edited by GrahamD Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:42 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• There's two things you could do, that I can think of.

1. Build a Silverlight App with those charts and put it in CRM.  You can make Silverlight refresh in the background for you.

2. Grab one of the mouse macro generators online, put it on the box that displays your dashboard, and program the maco to click the refresh button on the dashboard every ten minutes or so.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:48 PM
  • Thanks to Gonzalo Ruiz blog, you have the solution step by step here:

http://gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com/2012/02/display-full-screen-dashboards-with.html

View Kevin Dan's LinkedIn profileView Kevin Dan's profile Please click "Mark As Answer" on the post if this post answers the question or "Vote as Helpful" when it helps.

• Marked as answer by GrahamD Friday, February 24, 2012 8:26 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:34 PM
  • Thanks Kevin. Worked beautifully! And with the added bonus of being able to remove the NavBar as well! :-)
    Friday, February 24, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

I tried the code, it displays the dashboard beautifully, but does not refresh.  I am on MS CRM 2011 - on Premise.

What do I need to change in order for it to refresh?

Thank you!

Voni

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 10:45 PM
  • Make sure you have <META content="300" http-equiv="REFRESH"> in your HTML.

"The HTML above is basically an embedded frame to your dashboard with a META tag to refresh the content every 300 seconds (5 minutes). It should work on most (or all) browser versions supported by MSCRM." - Quote from Gonzalo Ruiz's blog.

View Kevin Dan's LinkedIn profileView Kevin Dan's profile Please click "Mark As Answer" on the post if this post answers the question or "Vote as Helpful" when it helps.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:24 PM