User Mapping While Upgrading from CRM 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having an issue while upgrading CRM 4.0 from 3.0 for particular one user only.

Following is a situation.

1. User created in CRM 3.0 with domian name : jpowel ( Joe Powel)
    2. Joe found that his last name is not correct. It supposed to be "Powell"
    3. He asked for Active Directory guy to change this and was done successfully with new name "Jpowell".
    4. CRM 3 user screen for Joe still shows the same old name 'jpowel' and not 'Jpowell' in domain name field but Firstname and surname fields show correct name/surname. i.e Joe/Powell

5.  Joe is using his modified name to access windows and emial services (with 'Jpowell') meaning his AD assocition is working fine for normal login to windows and outlook email.

6. After 2 years, CRM 3.0 upgraded with CRM 4.0 and users mapping kept as it is while upgrading. (using "Keep existing user Mapping" option during upgrade)

7. Now Joe can not access CRM 4.0. I tried to create new user with both the name i.e with jpowel and jpowell. in both the cases CRM 4.0 says "user with this domain name exist"

8. But Joe can use CRM 3.0 with his ''Jpowell" username.

I tried all the options of user mapping while upgrading to version 4 but no luck so far. AD guy is also clue less as in AD group its showing Joe's modified surname.(Powell)

Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:38 AM

Answers

• create a CRMTemp user in your AD.
    Open the user account of jpowel or  jpowell.In the domain user name edit the current usersname and enter domain\crmtemp.
    Press Tab to get the username resolved form AD.
    The edit it again and enter the correct user as required.

What happens is when ad display names/or existing accounts  get changed in AD the display name and guid confuses CRM.
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:02 AM

All replies

• create a CRMTemp user in your AD.
    Open the user account of jpowel or  jpowell.In the domain user name edit the current usersname and enter domain\crmtemp.
    Press Tab to get the username resolved form AD.
    The edit it again and enter the correct user as required.

What happens is when ad display names/or existing accounts  get changed in AD the display name and guid confuses CRM.
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:02 AM
  • Hi,

Take a look into the SystemUserBase table, it's in the <Organisation>_MSCRM database. Find the user and check if all settings are correct.
    Henrik Jensen Instructor / Consultant MCP, MCAD, MCSD, MCTS, MCPD, MCITP, MBSS, MBSP, MCT www.crmblog.dk (Danish only)
    • Proposed as answer by Carla J Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:12 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:48 AM
  • Hay its me Jeff ,call me ,3105261996
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:01 AM