how to open Money Plus RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased Money Plus Deluxe in July, 2008 and have used it successfully since then.  Today when I tried to open my Money Program, I checked the box "I want to sign into Money directly, without access to all online services" to enter the program--as I have done for the past couple of years--this message appeared..."Windows Live ID passwords cannot contain special characters and cannot be blank.  Enter a valid password."

I entered the password above where it used to be required for online service--which is no longer available--and this message popped up, "The email password is incorrect.  Please try again."

Thinking that I had forgotten the password, I clicked on 'Forgot Your Password' and changed the password.  And it still won't work.

I should not need a password because I checked the box to sign in without it.  Has Microsoft Money suddenly changed and locked me out of my own files?  I've spent untold hours updating all the information and cannot afford to lose that information.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:41 AM

All replies

• On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 01:41:25 +0000, Bonny Lass wrote:

>
    >
    >I purchased Money Plus Deluxe in July, 2008 and have used it successfully since then.  Today when I tried to open my Money Program, I checked the box "I want to sign into Money directly, without access to all online services" to enter the program--as I have done for the past couple of years--this message appeared..."Windows Live ID passwords cannot contain special characters and cannot be blank.  Enter a valid password."
    >
    >I entered the password above where it used to be required for online service--which is no longer available--and this message popped up, "The email password is incorrect.  Please try again."
    >
    >Thinking that I had forgotten the password, I clicked on 'Forgot Your Password' and changed the password.  And it still won't work.
    >
    >I should not need a password because I checked the box to sign in without it.  Has Microsoft Money suddenly changed and locked me out of my own files?  I've spent untold hours updating all the information and cannot afford to lose that information.

You need to get rid of your Windows LiveID from the file.  You can use a conventional password, but not the Windows LiveID method.

Based on what Cal Learner has written previously, you probably need to disconnect your entire system from the Internet (unplug the ethernet cable; turn off the router, whatever); then try to log in after selecting the option to log in off line.

====================================
    By Cal:

Disconnect from the Internet. Pull the ethernet cable, turn off your router-- whatever it takes.  Start Money, and  choose to log in offline.

If you ever get in, remove your LiveID.  To remove the Live ID, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

===========================

I don't know what your attempt to change your password has done but, if you cannot get into your original file after disconnecting your system from the Internet, you should try to restore your latest backup.

Ron
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:29 AM
  • I to am having the same problem with Money Pluse Home/Business that I purchase Nov 12, 2007 and paid $95.98 for this program and now my files prior to January 2011 I can not get into.

My files for 2008, 2009 and 2010 are on CD or flash drives and the password that I wrote on the disc is not working.

I have gone into Windows Live and changed the password but when I try to log in with it, I get a message that either the password or the email address is wrong.

I can't afford to lose these files so how can I retrive them.

I even tried Cal message below to log off internet and try to log on without it but it came up with the same thing needs a password.

HELP

• Proposed as answer by Jacqui of SDR Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jacqui of SDR Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:31 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:18 PM
  • Disconnect from the Internet.    Start Money, and log in offline.  Remove your LiveID.  Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  If you already changed your
    LiveID, use the credentials that were in effect at the time that
    you saved that Money file.

To remove the Live ID, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to
    remove your LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also
    see File->PasswordManager.

If this process does not work, restore your newest or second-newest backup file while still disconnected from the internet. Use the credentials in effect when you saved the backup.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:34 PM