Birthday Email to Customers - Global CRM System RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to know the approach about sending birthday wishes email to customers. I have a global CRM system which has cusotmers from all countries. As there are timezone difference with each country, I would like to send email to customers as per their timezone. E.g If one cusotmer (Indian) is having birthday on 3rd March then email should be sent on 3rd March 12 AM as per his timezone (Indian time).

Thanks in advance!!

Regards, Suraj Fegade (Microsoft Dynamics CRM)

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Suraj

This article explains how to create a workflow to wish contacts happy birthday.

The first action is to create and populate a field to hold the 'next birthday' date

Then the workflow waits for that date, sends the email, and adds 1 year to the 'next birthday' field, and kicks off another workflow to restart the process

For the time-zone issue, you'd be better off incorporating that into the next birthday field, so that the dates in this field always relate to the servers time zone, but the time is offset -/+12 hours depending on the customers location.

Depending on how you choose to populate the fields will determine how you implement the offset - i'd be tempted to do it in SQL first, then have a plugin or workflow to set the values for new customers

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:18 PM