none
How to check which computer is causing domain user account lockout?

Question

• Hi folks,

We have system staged for a project with below details:

Domain Machines OS : Windows Server 2003

All the machines in Domain OS : Windows Server 2008 R2

When we are working on any machine logged in with domain administrator account, suddenly the user gets locked. We have security policy which will cause lockout if consecutive 3 times wrong password is entered. But even though no wrong password is entered, the user gets locked. We are not able to trace which Service or Machine is causing lockout. And this issue occurs randomly. We are not able to trace pattern of how issue is producing.

Can anybody help us to understand which Service/Machine is causing the issue? Are there any specific logs which we can check?

Hope to get reply

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, October 23, 2015 9:35 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:32 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - Technical Queries' forum is for posts Related to technical / coding / programming related issues as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

I'd ask in the Windows Server Security forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:39 PM