MSCRM 2013 Access Model RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Friends ,

Is there a way to attach  a core record , say Account , to a Business Unit ?

so that all users in that BU will get access to that Account based on their privilege.

* this should be solved not based on the owner of the record

Regards,

Naveen

• Edited by NaveenSSK Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:49 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:45 PM

All replies

• have you tried sharing the record with default team?. I am not sure if this is a well thought business requirements?.

regards

Jithesh

Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:14 PM
  • The only method that I am aware of for granting access to an entity without using ownership is by Sharing.  I would potentially explore creating an Access Team that contains for all of the users in your BU and then you can share that account record with the appropriate Access Team.  

If you dont want to have your users doing all of the sharing/unsharing and you can build plugins, I think you could hide the Access teams behind the scenes as follows ...

1. Add BU lookup field to "Core" record.
    2. Create Access teams for each BU (these will need to be managed going forward when users enter/exit a BU)
    3. Register a plugin on the create and update of that BU lookup field that shares the record with the Access Team for the BU in the PostImage (on Create and Update) and unshares the record with the Access Team for the BU in the PreImage (only Update).

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Aaron

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:58 AM
  • This is default functionality.

If you have two users set up in the same BU, they will have access to the same data, IF you set their security roles to at least ½ marked (BU).

So.. unless you have all users in the same BU.. and not working with BU, then it should be default functionality.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.dynateam.dk

Monday, November 17, 2014 9:46 AM
  • Every BU has an associated default team. So the best way to handle this is to change the ownership of the record to the default team of the BU. I know you said you didn't want to change ownership, but this is the way to do it that fits best with the CRM security model. First you need to give the default BU Team a suitable security role. The default BU Team automatically includes all the users in that BU. Using the default BU Team then makes it very obvious to users that this Account belongs to the specified BU.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:47 AM