I need to change my motherboard System Model P67A-UD4f (initial rev) for a P8 P67 B3 Revision RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought a Gigabyte System Model P67A-UD4 and I have problems with my hard drives (it is the initial revision), so I bought a Asus p8p67 B3 Revision, will my old licence work?, my OS Version is  6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601,  all the components are going to be the same the CPU, hard drives and GPU. My OS is Win 7 and is NOT an OEM it is a full versión bought in Amazon. Can I just exchange motherboards?.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:23 PM

Answers

• Yes, as long as you purchased a legitimate retail license it is fully transferable. If you have any problems after install you can post a new question.
    • Marked as answer by ArturoZ Friday, April 22, 2011 5:05 PM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:48 AM
  • If the OS came preinstalled on the computer when you got it you will not be able to use it after you change the mobo.  Preinstalled Windows is tied to the original mobo.  If you purchase a retail full license copy of Windows you can continue to use it.  If you purchased an upgrade license copy of Windows 7 you will need to also obtain a copy of Windows eligible for upgrade to Windows 7.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:50 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Yes, as long as you purchased a legitimate retail license it is fully transferable. If you have any problems after install you can post a new question.
    • Marked as answer by ArturoZ Friday, April 22, 2011 5:05 PM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:48 AM
  • If the OS came preinstalled on the computer when you got it you will not be able to use it after you change the mobo.  Preinstalled Windows is tied to the original mobo.  If you purchase a retail full license copy of Windows you can continue to use it.  If you purchased an upgrade license copy of Windows 7 you will need to also obtain a copy of Windows eligible for upgrade to Windows 7.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:50 AM
    Answerer