none
Printing to a Home Server from Lawson RRS feed

• Question

• It appears that Lawson needs the TCP Print Services installed to print directly to the machine.  Is there a way that I am missing to install it on a WHS, or is there a third party software that I can use to do this?  I haven't been able to find anything as of yet.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:19 PM

All replies

• See this Microsoft Support article .

If you have a home-built server, the i386 folder referenced is on your Windows Home Server installation media, under a folder named SVR_2003 (I think). If you have an OEM server, you will not be able to install Print Services for Unix, as you wioll have neither an optical drive nor installation media (you can't use the recovery media supplied by the manufacturer in this way).

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:51 PM
  • I added the print services for Unix.  Now the problem appears that it is asking for a username and password when trying to connect to it.  I have everyone listed as print access.  How do we get around the username and password prompt?  It should go straight into the share without a prompt right?

Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:47 PM
  • I don't use Lawson; is Windows Home Server a supported platform? If not, you might want to reconsider your infrastructure. I know what Lawson is (ERP tools of various flavors), and you don't want to be running your enterprise in a non-supported fashion.

I also don't have Print Services for Unix installed anywhere. (There's no real need for it in the home.) I would suggest you do some additional searching on the Microsoft Support site. Or perhaps someone here who has installed Print Services for Unix will wander by with some help.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:12 PM
  • I agree this is not the best scenario, but this is something a client of mine has, and I am trying to support him on it.  I am leaning towards a VPN, or compatibility issue with the Domain and WHS.  Any help or verification would be great.  I even allowed guest access, then secured the folders on the file level.  Now, from a Windows machine you don't need a username and password to connect to the share, but there are still problems printing from Lawson.
    Friday, April 30, 2010 3:32 PM