none
Email Attachments Open on Black Screen

Question

• When I open an email attachment regardless of type of file, it opens on a dark black background momentarily saying "generating preview" and showing a white one inch square envelope that opens in the middle of the screen. If I print this, it prints with copies of the web page on the sides of the attachment content.  If I save it, I can save to Word, etc., and it acts normally.  What is this defaulting to and where can I change it?  What should the default program be?  Windows 8.1  I have checked one place that asks what program to use for .doc and .docx, etc. and word is the default.  Is this some type of Reader program?

• Moved by litdev Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't think this is a Small Basic Programming language problem. You can better ask in another forum.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:33 PM
  • What does any of your question have to do with programming using Small Basic?

If you need to know how to use email then search for information on that. Or ask a question in an appropriate forum.

If you need to know how to set the default program to be used for opening a certain file extension on Windows 8.1 then search for that or ask a question in an appropriate forum.

La vida loca

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:39 PM
  • I'd try them here or possibly in a forum based on the mail program you use.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:26 AM