Credentials fail using Scheduler.Connect() over vpn to a head node RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to connect to a scheduler via IScheduler in an ASP.NET application. I am connected to the head node via a VPN because it is in a far away land called Nebraska and on a different, untrusted domain. I can connect with the job manager tool just fine and my credentials for the remote head node are cached *somewhere*.

Connecting by calling scheduler.Connect() gives me "The server rejected the client's credentials", even though I've added proper credentials to the Windows Credential Thingy as described here: http://blogs.technet.com/windowshpc/archive/2009/01/05/how-to-connect-to-a-hpc-server-cluster-from-a-pc-not-into-the-ad.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage, and the Job Manager clearly knows about it and uses it.

What gives? How can I supply proper credentials for the initial connection?

Daniel

Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:15 PM

Answers

• No additional information was received on this issue. Assuming it has been resolved & closing.
    • Marked as answer by Don Pattee Friday, February 4, 2011 10:24 PM
    Friday, February 4, 2011 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

If it's possible to share your connection code with us, we might get a better idea what's happening.

Regards,

Patrick

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 6:26 PM
  • No additional information was received on this issue. Assuming it has been resolved & closing.
    • Marked as answer by Don Pattee Friday, February 4, 2011 10:24 PM
    Friday, February 4, 2011 10:24 PM