Home server not backing up one of my computers. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 that was being backed up just fine when every I connected it and did a manual backup.  I usually connect it and back up once a week.  Today when I do a manual backup it says it's starting the backup but it never does, it always shows the progress as 0%.  It has done this previously but if I canceled the backup and restarted it would backup.  I would then set the failed backup to be deleted and do a backup cleanup.  I have three other computers that will backup both manually and automatically.  What can I do to fix this and get this computer to back up? 
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 3:26 AM

All replies

• gvanacker said:

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 that was being backed up just fine when every I connected it and did a manual backup.  I usually connect it and back up once a week.  Today when I do a manual backup it says it's starting the backup but it never does, it always shows the progress as 0%.  It has done this previously but if I canceled the backup and restarted it would backup.  I would then set the failed backup to be deleted and do a backup cleanup.  I have three other computers that will backup both manually and automatically.  What can I do to fix this and get this computer to back up? 

Have you tried running chkdsk /r on each drive in your Dell PC?
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 5:17 AM
  • Hello,
    please check the event log of the client for related errors or warnings.
    How is it connected to the network? Wired or wireless? If wireless, would the reliability improve in case you swap it to a wired connection?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 9:59 AM
  • Thanks to all for the suggestions.  My Home Server has shut down, I think I have a bad power supply.  It will take a few days to get it back running and then I will continue to solve this problem.  Thanks again for the replies.

Gary Van Acker
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 4:49 PM