none
Windows Desktop Search RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows XP 64bit with Outlook 2003.  I have installed Desktop Search 4.0 and the Outlook add-in.  I am able to index the email that is contained in my Outlook inbox and therefore search the body of the email.  I have old email (.msg) files in folders that only get searched by title not by content.  I do not understand why it is not indexing the content of the email in the folder.  I looked at the advanced options and I see that next to the .msg file type there is a message the "registered Ifilter not found".  Seems like that would keep it from searching the items in the inbox as well, but it will find those no problem.

Any suggestions to search the email text body in a folder?

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

Since your post is off-topic, I am moving it to the off topic forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:24 PM
  • Hello,

This probably should have been asked in the Windows XP forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:29 PM