off topic - Need help with Win XP minimize problem on startup RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I have a program in the startup folder to auto start once windows XP home loads. The problem is windows is minimizing this application after it loads and you have to goto the tray to re focus the window or right click and restore. Doing a Alt+Tab will also bring back the window.

This appears to happen with several programs if they are set to startup.

It only happens on boot. Once the system is booted I can start the application many times and it will stay maximized.

What is causing windows to minimize my application automatically on boot.

I don't know if to install a program that monitors and keeps the window live or if there is a bug fix or windows setting that is causing this annoyance.

I've seen other messages online about people having the same problem but nobody has answered with a fix yet?

Thursday, November 27, 2008 7:31 AM

All replies

•  

Note each application that opens w/minimized window. Go to the shortcut or .exe for each, one at a time, rightclick, click 'properties'. Should be a line that says "Run". next to that is a drop down box that you can change to 'Normal Window' or Maximized. Click your choice & apply & OK. See if that helps 
    Thursday, November 27, 2008 11:35 AM
  • Dave:

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

-steve

Monday, December 1, 2008 12:58 AM