This version of Windows XP is no longer secure RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had to repair my Window XP install and after I have done that I have this message in my task bar.  I have researched it and found some stuff on the error and it seems to relate to SP2, but mine is a little different.  I cannot run any MS application including Internet Explorer and Office, but I can run any other application.  I happen to have SP2 on a disc so I put it on the desktop to install and when I get all the way through it tells me "Access is denied" and then forces an uninstall.

I got 2 errors during the repair so I am not sure if they are causing the issue or not.

1) Error occured loading C:\>>>> \inetcomm.dll. File may not have been installed or it has been corrupted.
    2) similar to above but with an Outlook Express file

I did the repair again and I got all the same error messages.

This is fully legit copy of XP and it asked for my license key during the repair and took it no issues.  The only thing I wonder is if it thinks I have maxed out my installs with this key.  I had to call the 800 number on my other PC when it had to be reformated.  Could this cause my error?

The only other thing I can think to try at this point is I have a disc where I slipstreamed my XP disc to include SP2 files.  I am wondering if that will fix it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Bryan
    Monday, October 27, 2008 9:57 PM

Answers

All replies