Activation - Someone PLEASE help! RRS feed

• Question

• I have just bought and installed Live OneCare. All fine - rebooted afterwards. I was asked to "activate" the product, but despite my best efforts, I can never find anywhere that will accept the 25 digit code. The activation wizard keeps telling me I need a subscription (I have bought it with a one-year, three-user license, so why do I also need a subscription?) It tells me that OneCare will only work on this PC for another 15 days unless I sort this out.

My Windows LiveID is valid (I can sign in) but looking under My Services, it neither recognises by Product ID nor my Subscription ID. Even copying the Product ID from "help/about" does not get it recognised. Without these, I cannot get past the checks when filing a technical question, and so I can never get the telephone assistance. I am sure Activation should be faster than this - there HAS to be a simple solution to all of this. The product was bought from Amazon.co.uk (retailer), I have only used one Windows LiveID code for all of this, but have never once been asked for the 25 digit code on the packaging.

I just want to activate the darn thing over the telephone now, and get it over with. Help, someone? It is a great product, so let me use it!

Steve.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:14 PM

Answers

•  

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Select that you are a trial user to start and email support case without the subscription check as you have not yet subscribed.

However, when you begin activation and sign in with a LiveID where are your directed and what do you see? Is Internet Explorer your default web browser? if not, change that temporarily and try again.

-steve

Friday, November 30, 2007 1:36 AM