Unique situation - dashboard stop loading RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

All of a sudden, some drives went missing from the pool.

They are connected and seem healthy (no clicks or anything), the thing is, that when I try to load the vail dashboard, it's not loading. not from the shortcut and not from the .exe itself.

Therefore, I can't access the repair pool option. I'M STUCK! :-) HELP

I tried reseachring about this, but came up blank.

Does anyone know what to do?

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:00 AM

Answers

• Hey,

They are connected and seem healthy (no clicks or anything), the thing is, that when I try to load the vail dashboard, it's not loading. not from the shortcut and not from the .exe itself.

You should file a bug report on Connect.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 5:47 AM

All replies

• Tried to reboot yet?
    Monday, August 16, 2010 1:04 AM
  • You're kidding, right? :-)

I TRIED EVERYTHING!

chkdsk managed to repair the lost disks, but still, dashboard wont load.

And this is a big deal. as you know, the user's password expires now and then, and I wont be able to create new users, to allow access to the pool

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:22 AM
  • I sense your desperation here, but, VAIL is beta.  I'm not sure if this applies, but, with WHS V1 I found out the console on the server never starts unless the server was connected to a network.  Are you seeing this from the server, client or both? 

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:36 AM
  • Hey,

You should file a bug report on Connect.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 5:47 AM
  • Thanks for the tip, but I believe that it's a deep registry issue.

I see the other clients on the network from the server and vice versa. is there a known way to do a recovery for the registry?

The system itself has no special attributes. it's a plain vanila install, with all the published updates.  no kinky stuff.

Maybe I will report this bug, though I have little faith that it would be noticed ;-)

Monday, August 16, 2010 7:17 AM
  • FWIW, ihave this box with a bad battery.  I unpluged it then pluged it back in.  It booted to july 5, 2008.  Somehow that screwed up the cert and the dashboard would not load.

perhaps this happened to you?

Hi StillGrey
    Thank you for bring up this issue.
    It is becuase your server's time change to 2008/11/5, that is before the Certificate Root cert be generated.
    And the CertSvc won't start even after you reboot the box.
    Please reboot the box to see if it work, if it still not, try to mannually turn the certsvc service on.
    Thanks

Grey
    Monday, August 16, 2010 9:25 PM
  • I'll give it a try later today and let you know.

I didnt notice any changes in the date, but, I'll check.

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:14 AM
  • I've had a similar issue.  I replaced the CMOS battery and booted with the wrong date.  All my shares appear as unformatted drives.  The CertSvc is not running, and won't run manually.

Any advice?

Saturday, August 28, 2010 3:53 AM