Administrator "choice" screen not appearing RRS feed

• Question

• We have SS installed on our Kiosks using several different images.  Great program that replaced a commercial app--I hope Win7 support comes soon.  My issue is that my original install of SS earlier this year is setup so that even though the main option is set for "remove changes", a change can be made under the Admin login and a choice is offered upon reboot whether to save or remove changes made (pop up box GUI).  This is very convenient for last-minute tweaks without disturbing wanted "remove changes" setting. 

However, for an image just completed (and used a lot), it does not ask that question anymore when rebooted.  I have to now go to the configuration and tell it to manually keep changes with the radio button to save any Windows changes in the Admin login--then switch back when I'm ready to lock it.

Is there something I'm missing for an option to add that helpful "choice" menu?  As far as I know SteadyState (2.5) is setup the same, but I can't figure out why it's now not showing that...

Hopefully this makes sense to someone out there :)

Thanks

Monday, October 12, 2009 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi scottm18, have you disabled the option "Do not warn the administrator about losing changes before log off restart or shut down" in Windows SteadyState - Protect the Hard Disk? If not, please check if you have disabled bubble.exe in startup items.

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, October 19, 2009 6:38 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi scottm18, have you disabled the option "Do not warn the administrator about losing changes before log off restart or shut down" in Windows SteadyState - Protect the Hard Disk? If not, please check if you have disabled bubble.exe in startup items.

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, October 19, 2009 6:38 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:12 AM
  • No to the first question but YES to the second.  I specifically disabled "bubble" to keep messages from appearing other that that wanted one.  If that is required for the choice screen to appear (and the reason it is not now), I will add it right back.

Thanks!
    Friday, October 16, 2009 5:35 PM