Losing Remote Connection after making change to site. RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I make a change to my home site at http://richardson.myhphome.com I lose the ability to remote to the site. I have to unplug my router and start it up again and then everything is ok until I make a change again. I just purchased my HP EX485 and home schooling myself using all the forums. These things are beyond valuable since the documentation from most manufacturers sucks mightily. Anyway, I was wondering if this problem might not be due to not having a static ip set up. I have read that is one of the first things you should do and I thought it was because everytime I put that ip in my browser it recognizes the site as long as I am looking internally. When I use my company's server to remote into the site, it won't bring it up until I jump through the unplugging everything hoop. Any thoughts?
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:24 PM

Answers

• Got things in order. What I thought was router disconnect was just that. I purchased a new router and also applied a static ip to the server and everything has stabilized.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:27 AM

All replies

• BruceRichardson said:

Every time I make a change to my home site at http://richardson.myhphome.com I lose the ability to remote to the site.

What do you mean by making changes?  Logging into the server desktop for any reason is unsupported.  What exactly are you doing?

BruceRichardson said:

I have to unplug my router and start it up again and then everything is ok until I make a change again. I just purchased my HP EX485 and home schooling myself using all the forums.  These things are beyond valuable since the documentation from most manufacturers sucks mightily. Anyway, I was wondering if this problem might not be due to not having a static ip set up. I have read that is one of the first things you should do and I thought it was because everytime I put that ip in my browser it recognizes the site as long as I am looking internally. When I use my company's server to remote into the site, it won't bring it up until I jump through the unplugging everything hoop. Any thoughts?

As long as you aren't logging into the server desktop to make your changes, you should call HP for support.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:48 AM
  • Got things in order. What I thought was router disconnect was just that. I purchased a new router and also applied a static ip to the server and everything has stabilized.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:27 AM